About The Larder
The Larder, located in trendy Clerkenwell, is truly a foodie haven with a bakery, open-all-day restaurant and bar and a take-away shop. Housed in a building dating back to 1897 which was built for grocer’s Lovell and Christmas, The Larder is true to its roots offering an abundance of fresh, quality food. Owner/Chef Nick Male (former executive chef for Conran) serves up a weekly-changing menu featuring sensational dishes like duck rilette with pear and thyme jelly or baked egg, chorizo and manchego cheese or simple but stunning Devon crab for starter. Puddings and pastries are a treat. The laid-back barprovides a stylish sanctuary for drinkers who fancy a cocktail, wine from the extensive list or a beer from one of the five on draught or 10 bottled.
Sample a la carte
- Beef carpaccio, micro leaf and parmesan £6.50
- Crayfish, pea shoots and mint salad £6.90
- Four varieties of tomato, baby mozzarella & basil £5.50
- Lamb fillet, baby spinach and avocado salad £6.90
Other starters are available.
- Baked butternut squash, feta, spinach & pine nuts £9.90
- Tempura lemon sole fillets ginger, chilli, soy & garlic dipping sauce £15.90
- Grilled sirloin, pepper sauce & heritage potato chips £16.50
- Lemon & thyme marinated pork fillet baby spinach &parmesan croquettes £13.50
- Chicken breast with smoked black forest ham, mushroom & mozzarella £13.50
- Roast guinea fowl, grapes, wild mushroom and cream fraiche £14.50
Other main courses are available.
- Crème brulee with shortbread £4.50
- Mille Feuille, lemon & raspberry £5.50
- Affogato al Caffe £4.90
- Summer pudding crème fraiche £4.90
Other desserts are available.
91 - 93 St John Street, EC1M 4NU
The a la carte menu is served 12pm - 3pm & 6pm - 10:30pm
£25 - £34
Mon - Fri 8am - 11am, 12pm - 3pm and 6pm - 10:30pm
Sat 6pm - 10:30pm