China City - Leicester Square
About China City - Leicester Square
China City restaurant a few steps from London's on-the-go Leicester Square is a bright, shining palace of classic Chinese cuisine. This in-town branch of the hit China City in Colindale arrives with the same high standards of cuisine and service. The dining space is sleek and modern in tones of white, neutral and royal red and there's plenty of party space if that's your fancy. Dim sum is available every day until five pm when the vast a la carte menu comes into its own, featuring signature dish The Steamboat, a sort of Chinese Fondue in nine varieties (pre-book for Friday and Saturday evenings). The set menu is terrific value, too.
Sample a la carte
- China city vegetarian mixed platter (crystal dumplings, vegetarian shumai, vegetarian spring rolls, vegetable beancurd skin rolls) £8.00
- Vietnamese style spring rolls £2.00
- Prawn and shark fin dumplings £1.90
- Spare ribs in black bean sauce £1.90
Other starters are available.
- Braised belly pork with yam hot pot £8.00
- Steamed eel with black bean sauce £11.00
- Japanese tofu with golden mushrooms £9.00
- Fried beancurd with chicken and salted fish hot pot £9.00
- Fillet steak with black pepper in china city red wine sauce £9.50
- Stewed duck web with Chinese mushroom and fish lip soup in hot pot £12.00
Other main courses are available.
- Mango pudding
- Coconut pudding
- Sage and rice pudding
- Fruit platter
Other desserts are available.
4 Leicester Street, WC2H 7BL
£24 and Under
Mon - Sun: 12pm - 12:30am