Thai on the River
About Thai on the River
All the people who loved Thai on the River before, for its stunning view, wonderful food and smart service, will love it even better now, if that’s possible. A move of location has created a more welcoming entry and reception area, a better use of internal space with new decor and a terrific riverside conservatory. Beautiful silks and natural wood panelling adorn the walls, while the tables are set with white linen.
The Thai food is just as good as it always was. Try starter of classic tod mun plaa, main course of a curry with choice of protein, or one of the superb fish dishes like whole steamed sea bass with lemon, chillies and spring onions, and of course pad thai. Service is still fleet and friendly.
Sample a la carte
- Poh pia (deep fried spring rolls stuffing with clear bean noodles and shredded mixed
vegetables, accompanied by sweet plum sauce) £5.00
- Miang kham (spiced ground chicken, or ground king prawns seasoned with soya sauce,
garlic and green peppercorns, accompanied with peanuts, ginger, shallots and lime,
served on fresh Thai betel leaves for wrapping into parcels) chicken £7.00/ prawn £10.00
- Kanom pang na goong (ground king prawns seasoned with garlic, pepper and coriander infused onto toast served with a sweet cucumber chilli relish) £8.50
- Peek gai yad sai (crispy fried boneless chicken wings stuffed with a mixture of minced prawn and pork served with sweet chilli sauce) £6.50
Other starter are available.
- Yum taley (steamed assorted mixed seafood, tossed with lemon juice, fresh chillies and lime leaves) £12.00
- Yum neua (thin slices of char-grilled sirloin steak tossed with fresh chillies, lemon juice, and set on a bed of cucumber slices) £12.00
- Laab gai (ground chicken, gently steamed and tossed with ground toasted rice, lemon juice, dried chillies) £8.00
- Kaeng par (a spicy 'jungle' curry flavoured with green peppercorns, baby sweet corn, thai basil, chilli and lime leaves) beef £11.60
- Kaeng keo wan (the famous Thai green curry in a coconut milk, flavoured with Thai pea aubergines, palm sugar, bamboo shoots, chilli, lime leaves, and Thai basil) vegetable - £7.50/chicken - £9.60/beef - £11.60/prawn - £14.85
- Kaeng panaeng nee (a rich and spicy coconut creams curry, made from pungent Thai herbs, and shredded lime leaves) vegetable - £7.50/chicken - £9.60/beef - £11.60/prawn - £14.85
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
Groveside Court, 2 Lombard Road, SW11 3RQ
£24 - £34
Mon - Fri 12pm - 3pm and 5pm - 11pm
Sat 12pm - 11pm
Sun 12pm - 3:30pm and 5pm - 10:30pm