About Elephant Walk
Elephant Walk restaurant in London's West Hampstead was named Best Sri Lankan Restaurant in the UK this year. Need we say more? The minimal, modern décor mainly relies on white and black with red detailing, but it's not about the furniture. It's about the food, and here connoisseurs of this subtle and complex cuisine can't praise Elephant Walk highly enough. The Thalis offer a balanced choice in vegetarian, meat or fish options, or just head for the Sri Lankan Specials menu, the hoppers and biryanis, and feast to your heart's content. There are a few seats on the pavement-side terrace, and the express menu lets you enjoy Elephant Walk and still make the film. The service is celebrated for politeness and faultless attention to detail.
Sample a la carte
- A lentil based savoury doughnut, mildly spiced, served with chutney & sambar)
- Idly ground rice & lentil steamed dumpling, served with chutney & sambar) £2.95
- Bahjia (chopped onion dipped in gram flour with cumin seeds served with tamarind chutney)£2.95
- Samosa(served with tamarind & date chutney
Other starters available
- Vegetable noodles (noodles with chick peas, aubergine, leeks, green cabbage & carrots) £7.75
- Chicken kerala noodles (noodles with chicken marinated in ground coconut, saffron & spices) £8.50
- Lamb Madras Noodles £8.95
- Gova mallung (green cabbage tossed with mustard seeds) £3.00
- Vambuttu moju (dry aubergine with tamarind base) £3.50
- Devilled potato (dry potato dish with spices) £3.50
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts is available.
98 West End Lane, West Hampstead, NW6 2LU
£24 and Under
Mon - Fri 5pm - 11pm
Sat & Sun 12pm - 3pm & 5pm - 11pm