Fishworks - Islington
About Fishworks - Islington
Fishworks in Islington is a welcome haven from the hustle and bustle of Upper Street. The restaurant, owned by seafood-extraordinaire Mitch Tonks, is acclaimed for its sensational fresh fish served in a relaxed and stylish setting. The fishmonger's counter, where you can buy fresh seafood seven days a week, adds character to the cheery café-style interior and the staff are superb. Fishwork's royal-blue walls and wooden floors are a simple backdrop to a fab menu. Due to the availability of produce the menu changes daily, but classics include Lyme Bay scallops with hollandaise and herb salad, fish soup with rouillé and croutons and grilled sea bass with rosemary, lemon and olive oil. Fishworks Islington is the perfect spot for a celebratory meal with friends or an indulgent order of oysters after a hard day's shopping.
Sample a la carte
- Whitebait with aioli £4.95
- Fish soup with rouillé & croutons £5.95
- Spaghetti alla vongole (spaghetti with clams, garlic, chilli and parsley) £8.50
- Calamari (fried squid with lemon & aioli) £7.00
Other starters are available.
- Port Lincoln prawns with garlic & parsley butter wild harvest prawns from South Australia, the best we've found £16.00
- Roasted skate with black butter & capers £14.25
- Yellowtail kingfish with salsa rossa (from one of the world's most sustainable fisheries in the southern ocean) £15.00
- Wild mushroom & tarragon risotto £9.50
- Chicken Milanese (free-range, corn fed chicken bread crumbed & pan fried) £11.00
- Grilled Aberdeenshire sirloin steak with béarnaise & chips £16.50
Other main courses are available.
A selection of desserts is available.
134 Upper Street, Islington, N1 1QP
£45 - £54
Mon - Sat 12pm - 3pm & 6pm - 11pm
Sun 12pm - 3pm