Fishworks - Primrose Hill
About Fishworks - Primrose Hill
Fishworks, on Regents Park Road, is nestled nicely amongst Primrose Hill's chic village-style cafés, boutiques and gourmet delicatessens. The restaurant's traditional fishmonger's counter, selling fresh seafood seven days a week, has become an institution with piscine-loving locals. The clientele includes yummy mummies, business men and media types, and it is perfect for people-watching and long, lazy lunches. With sea-blue walls and wooden floors, this cheery café-style restaurant celebrates its passionate approach to seafood with its stunning yet simple menu. Fishworks high quality fish is delicious, with favourites including classics such as whole Dover sole, langoustine spaghetti and a sensational shellfish platter. The puddings are delicious too: we love the zingy lemon tart.
Sample a la carte
- Whitebait with aioli £4.95
- Fish soup with rouillé & croutons £5.95
- Spaghetti alla vongole (spaghetti with clams, garlic, chilli and parsley) £8.50
- Calamari (fried squid with lemon & aioli) £7.00
Other starters are available.
- Port Lincoln prawns with garlic & parsley butter wild harvest prawns from South Australia, the best we've found £16.00
- Roasted skate with black butter & capers £14.25
- Yellowtail kingfish with salsa rossa (from one of the world's most sustainable fisheries in the southern ocean) £15.00
- Wild mushroom & tarragon risotto £9.50
- Chicken Milanese (free-range, corn fed chicken bread crumbed & pan fried) £11.00
- Grilled Aberdeenshire sirloin steak with béarnaise & chips £16.50
Other main courses are available.
- Fresh lemon tart £4.90
- Baked chocolate pudding £4.90
- Crème brûlée £4.90
- Sticky toffee pudding £4.90
Other desserts are available.
57 Regents Park Road, Prim Rose Hill, NW1 8XD
£45 - £54
Mon - Sat: 12pm - 3pm & 6pm - 11pm