About Nouvelle Spice
Nouvelle Spice is a lively little Indian restaurant in the New Cross Road in south London. Locals, art students and starry-eyed couples all descend upon this bustling restaurant for cheap and delicious curries every night of the week. The intimate dining room has wooden walls and tables, marble floors and a screen showing fabulous and colourful Bollywood musicals. With a fun crowd, friendly service and proximity to New Cross Gate station and Goldsmith's College, Nouvelle Spice is the perfect place to grab a cheap and cheerful curry with friends. Favourite dishes include the Prawn Bhuna, Lamb Roghan and the Chicken Tikka Massala.
Sample a la carte
- King prawn puri (lightly spiced king prawn served over a fried crispy bread) £3.95
- Mixed biryani (a combination of tender chicken or lamb pieces cooked with vegetables, spices and herbs) £4.00
- Vegetable kofta kebab (assorted vegetables mixed with spices rolled into a ball, covered with bread crumbs and deep fried) £2.75
- Chicken tikka roll (chicken tikka served in a roti with onion salad and sauce) £3.00
Other starters are available.
- Murgh cholly (diced chicken cooked in a combination of spices and flavoured with roasted ground peppercorn and chick peas) £6.25
- Prawn piri piri (prawns in a sauce of herbs and coconut milk garnished with freshly grated coconut) £6.35
- Chef’s lamb karahi (a medium spiced curry, fairly dry with capsicum and tomatoes toasted in an iron karahi, served sizzling by the chef) £6.35
- Vegetable pasanda (mixed vegetables with almonds and pistachio flavoured with rich saffron) £5.30
- Chicken dopiaza (like the roghan dish, a medium spiced curry with freshly chopped onions) £5.00
- Lamb biryani £6.85
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts is available.
315 New Cross Road, New Cross, SE14 6AS
£24 and Under
Mon - Sun: 12pm - 11:30pm