Shamiana Indian Restaurant
About Shamiana Indian Restaurant
There's nothing quite like discovering a great Indian in your neighbourhood, and residents of Palmer's Green have certainly got the lock on that. Shamiana Indian Restaurant is a comfortable, locally-loved establishment, serving both old standards and new interpretations of classic regional Indian cookery. Enthusiastic and friendly staff are more than happy to make recommendations, but local favourites include king prawns poached in coconut and lime leaf sauce (nariyal jhinga) and sizzling rezala lamb served with a spicy lime, coriander and tomato sauce. A small selection of wines - all under £20 - makes it both easy on palate and pocket.
Sample a la carte
- Adraki chop (tender lamb chop marinated with fresh ginger and special spices) £3.50
- King prawn puri (king prawns cooked with mixed spices and lemon juice, served with puri) £4.50
- Assorted indian hors-d'oeuvre (chicken tikka, sheek kebab, vegetable somosa and fish) £4.95
- Sabzi puri (selected vegetables of chef's choice toasted in their own juice, served on puri) £2.75
Other starters are available.
- Mixed vegetable korma (mixed vegetables with a creamy sauce) £4.50
- Machli tikka bhuna (fish marinated in ground spice cooked with onions, peppers and tomatoes) £7.50
- Badami chicken or lamb (chicken/lamb cooked with apricot, yogurt and spices, garnished will almonds) £7.95
- Butter chicken (chicken cooked in butter, with almonds and coconut) £7.50
- Murgh dhaveshwari (grilled chicken marinated with herbs, spices and ground almonds, cooked in mango pulp sauce) £9.95
- Shorshe king prawn (king prawn cooked in hot sauce with mustard seeds, garlic, ginger and green chillies) £9.95
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
392 Green Lanes, N13 5PD
£25 - £34
Mon - Sat 5pm - Midnight
Sun 12pm - Midnight