The acclaimed menu at Camino, meaning ’path’ in Spanish, will take you on a gastronomic journey across Spain. The stylish restaurant, found in the Regent Quarter - King’s Cross, has been a labour of love for restaurateur and Hispanophile Richard Bigg. The menu is a clever combination of regional dishes and killer cocktails, and the vast, industrial space is a fusion of converted-warehouse-chic and rustic Spanish furniture. Vibrant Banksy-esque murals fill the walls, and the restaurant is flooded with natural light from a glass dome skylight. During the day Camino is filled with creative types from local fashion houses and design agencies, and by night the bar fills up with advertising honchos and locals.
Sample a la carte
- Surtido de embutidos (selection of chorizo, salchichon and pork loin) £4.25
- Chorizo asturiano a la parrilla (grilled, lightly smoked Asturian chorizo) £4.25
- Pimientos del piquillo rellenos de cangrejo con salsa de marisco (roast piquillo peppers filled with crab in a seafood sauce reduction) £6.00
- Tosta de escalibada de verduras (charcoal-grilled onion, aubergine and red pepper on grilled country bread with extra virgin olive oil) £5.00
Other starters are available.
- Pollo en salsa romesco (chicken breast marinated in romesco sauce with crushed potatoes and creamed leeks) £12.75
- Brochetas de cerdo y verduras con pera asada y chimi-churri (grilled pork and courgette brochettes with baked pear and chimi-churri) £12.00
- Dorada (whole charcoal grilled gilthead bream with salsa verde) £15.50
- Solomillo de buey 225 gramos (fillet of beef from cattle of Aberdeen Angus / Limousin cross from the hills near Strathclyde) £18.50
- Chuletón de buey 750 gramos (2 personas) (rib-eye charolais steak, hung for 25-30 days, served on the bone) £39.50
- Chuletón de buey 350 gramos (rib-eye charolais steak, hung for 25-30 days, served on the bone. Subject to availability) £17.50
Other main courses are available.
- Tarta de Santiago (almond tart from Galicia)£5.00
- Crema Catalana (Spanish custard cream with lemon and cinnamon) £5.00
- Pastel de chocolate caliente con sorbete de maracuyá (Hot molten chocolate cake with passionfruit sorbet) £5.50
- Queso Idiazábal con membrillo y nueces (smoked Idiazabal cheese with quince jelly and walnuts. The traditional way to finish your meal in the Basque Country) £6.50
Other desserts are available.
3 Varnisher’s Yard, Regent Quarter, N1 9FD
£25 - £34
Mon - Fri 12pm - 3pm & 6:30pm - 11pm
Sat 6:30pm - 11pm
Sun 12pm - 4pm