Maghreb Moroccan Restaurant
About Maghreb Moroccan Restaurant
This may be North London but you could easily be forgiven for thinking you have been transported to North Africa when you step into Maghreb. A bit like setting foot in a souk with lots of Moroccan pottery and artefacts. Hoards of loyal Islington customers make this a popular North London hangout. What’s cooking? Moroccan fare, of course. Mixed meze, spicy lentil and pumpkin tagine, vegetables couscous, aromatic duck served on a bed of couscous and beetroot salad, baghrir - a kind of pancake served with honey and butter and Moroccan coffee or mint tea.
Sample a la carte
- Za’luk (mashed steamed aubergine with tomato, cumin & coriander. Served cold) £4.75
- Merguez (grilled spicy lamb sausages with lentils) £5.75
- Duck pastilla (pieces of duck with onions, cinnamon, saffron and almond wrapped in filo and baked) £6.50
- King scallops (pan fried with spinach, chilli, ginger, garlic and lemon juice) £6.95
Other starters are available.
- Grilled pumpkin and Halloumi cheese salad £9.50
- Sea bass (marinated in chermoula and baked, served with a mixture of spinach, mushrooms & slice new potatoes £12.95
- Kefta tajine (meat balls) £9.50
- Chicken and vegetable tajine £10.50
- Merguez and vegetable couscous £10.95
- Mixed grill couscous (lamb, chicken, erguez & kefta) £13.95
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts is available.
189 Upper Street, Islington, N1 1RQ
£24 and Under