Day or night out, Idlewild's 'Pub Deluxe' look, classic British menu and bar containing a host of quality cocktail options is on hand. The downstairs restaurant is a sophisticated space with hand crafted chandeliers and a 26 foot long solid pewter bar adorning a room which leads on to a courtyard garden hideaway. Upstairs at Idlewild light shines off the huge chandeliers to bathe the first floor grand apartment-style cocktail lounge in a sunset-like glow. Food at the restaurant is mainly British and revolves around ideas of simplicity, season and most importantly tradition - classic British dishes such as roast beef, Lancashire hot pot and jam roly poly are specialities.
Sample a la carte
- Sauté chicken livers with black pudding and poached egg £6.00
- Seared king scallops with cauliflower puree £8.50
- Ham hock & fois gras terrine with green bean, shallot
and tarragon salad £7.50
- Grilled Sardines with garlic mayonnaise and salad £5.50
Other starters are available.
- Grilled Scottish rib-eye steak with béarnaise sauce and chips £17.00
- Pan fried fillet of salmon with pea puree, watercress and
new potatoes £12.50
- Boiled Bacon with mash potatoes and parsley sauce £11.00
- Confit belly of pork with cauliflower and shallot salad,
Tarbais beans and red wine jus £13.50
- Roast Coquelet with sauté girolle mushrooms and spinach £13.00
- Baked Crepes with mushrooms, spinach and blue cheese £10.50
Other main courses are available.
- Apple crumble with apple sorbet £4.50
- Roast plums with vanilla ice cream £4.50
- Chocolate mousse with cherries £5.00
- Clawson Stilton, Miramont Brie with apple, celery and bread £6.50
Other desserts are available.
55 Shirland Road, Maida Vale, W9 2JD
£25 - £34
Mon - Tues: 7pm - 10:30pm
Wed - Thurs: 12pm- 3pm & 7pm - 10:30pm
Fri: 12pm- 3pm & 7pm - 11pm
Sat: 12pm- 4pm & 7pm - 11pm
Sun: 11am - 5pm & 6pm - 9:30pm