About Chez Tonton
This traditional French restaurant in New Barnet has been in business for 22 years. A favourite with locals, Chez Tonton's delicious menu, friendly service and convivial atmosphere provide a winning formula. The blackboard menu changes daily, with favourite dishes including duck breast served with a plum and ginger sauce. The wine list is extensive and affordable. All the staff at Chez Tonton are French, and with the checked table-cloths and Edith Piaf on the stereo, you are guaranteed an authentic and delightful French experience. The restaurant also offers a special lunchtime menu.
Sample a la carte
- Salade de chèvre à l'huile d'olives (grilled goat cheese on toast, served on a bed of mixed salad walnuts pieces and olives oil dressing) £5.60
- Salade de magret de canard fumer maison, haricots verts croquants et échalotes, vinaigrette crémée au persil (salad of home smoked duck breast, garnish with crunchy green beans and shallots salad, creamy mustard and parsley dressing) £5.95
- Gambas flambées au pernod (roasted kings prawns, marinated with herbs and olive oil, then « flambé » with pernod and garnish with a creamy butter sauce) £6.95
- Escargots au beurre a l'ail (the traditional French recipe of snails cooked with a rich garlic and parsley butter) £5.30
Other starters are avaialble.
- Filets de bar rôtis, purée d'oignons au clou de girofle, beurre blanc a l'aneth et anis (roast sea bass fillets garnish with a creamy onions puree enhanced with cloves, served with a dill and anis star butter sauce) £14.95
- Risotto au vin rouge, champignons et parmesan (red wine risotto, mushrooms and parmesan) £10.50
- Aiguillettes de rumsteck de buf au poivre, purée de pommes de terre a l'ail (grilled rump steak garnish with garlicky mash potatoes, served with a red wine and green pepper sauce) £14.95
- Saute de poulet au citron,miel et persil plat (braised sticky lemon chicken, cooked with honey, vinegar and flat parsley) £12.95
- Magret de canard rôtis, sauce sirop de liège , abricot caramelises (roast breast of duck garnish with a apricot lace with a liège syrup sauce. Liège syrup is a belgium speciality made with apple, pear & date cooked for hours until it become a syrup with plenty of flavour ) £14.20
- Jarret d'agneau confit façon provençale (braised shank of lamb with white wine, garlic and aromatics, garnish with mash potatoes, parsley and garlic and served with his own jus) £13.95
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts is available.
182 East Barnet Road, EN4 8RD
An optional 10% service charge will be added to your bill on table of four or more
£25 - £34
Tue - Sat 12pm - 2pm & 6:30pm - 10:30pm
Closed Sun & Mon