From the people who brought you the endlessly-popular Levant, Levantine and Pasha comes their latest City addition, Kenza. Dripping with rich fabrics, cushions, carved tables and exotic charm, Kenza fuses the styles of the Middle East and Maghreb, complete with the seductive air of incense and rose petals. The menu from Lebanese-born head chef Jad Youssef is an exercise in contrasts; subtle scents, complex spicing and traditional ingredients used in innovative ways. In the true Middle Eastern way, menus are designed for sharing. Although Kenza is perfect for relaxing by day, at night the restaurant turns into North African carnival, complete with resident DJ's and glamorous belly dancers performing every evening.
Sample a la carte
- Bastorma (home made spicy cured beef) £7.00
- Loubieh bil zeit (green beans cooked in a tomato sauce with onions, garlic & olive oil) £6 25
- Sawda dajaj (sautéed chicken liver with garlic & pomegranate molasses) £5.25
- Makanek (pan fried home made Lebanese lamb & cumin sausages) £6.50
Other starters are available.
- Lokoz (roasted fillet of sea bass with citrus scented rice & tajine sauce) £21.50
- Farrouj meshoué (marinated baby chicken with spices & herbs, garlic sauce & roasted baby potatoes) £18.00
- Lahem meshoué (skewer of marinated lamb cubes, shallots, salad & grilled tomato) £15.75
- Tagine lahem wal barkouk (slow cooked lamb shank with ras el hanout, prunes, ginger, saffron & roasted almonds) £18.75
- Tagine dajaj bil zeitoun (chicken cooked in a preserved lemon, garlic, turmeric sauce with saffron baby potatoes & green olives) £15.75
- Moussaka (slow cooked aubergines in a tomato sauce, onions, garlic & chickpeas) £13.50
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts is available.
10 Devonshire Square, EC2M 4YP
A 15% discretionary service charge will be added to your bill
£45 - £54
Mon & Tue 11:30am - 2:30am
Wed - Fri 11:30am - 3am
Sat 6pm - 3am