The Algarve Restaurant Bar & Grill
About The Algarve Restaurant Bar & Grill
Relaxed and informal, The Algarve Restaurant near Wandsworth Common is a traditional Portuguese restaurant inspired by the Mediterranean region of Algarve. The menu offers an excellent selection of fresh fish and seafood, and the sunny interior features cream walls, marine-blue accents and Portuguese tiles and knick-knacks. Our favourite dishes from the extensive selection included the Mexilhao a Bulhao Pato - mussels in wine and garlic sauce with tomatoes and onions, the Travessa de Marisco or seafood platter, and the veal escalopes with mustard sauce. The Algarve Restaurant also offers a delicious range of pastas, vegetarian dishes and salads in addition to the traditional Portuguese fare.
Sample a la carte
- Sopa de peixe (fish soup) £3.75
- Chourico assado (grilled portuguese traditional sausage) £4.50
- Melao com presunto (parma ham with melon) £3.75
- Mexilhao a bulhao pato, a portuguesa(mussels in wine & garlic tomato & onion) £6.00
Other starters are available.
- Filetes de peixe espada (black scabbard fillets) £12.50
- Lentilhas estufadas com legumes (stewed lentils with vegetables) £11.00
- Salada de polvo (octopus salad) £6.50
- Chicken cataplana £28.00 (for 2 people)
- Carbonara pasta (with ham, cream, mushrooms) £8.00
- Bolonhesa (Bolognese) £8.00
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts is available.
314 Trinity Road, SW18 3RG
£24 and Under
Tue - Fri: 5pm - 11pm
Sat & Sun: 12pm - 11pm