Chez Gerard - Rupert Street
About Chez Gerard - Rupert Street
When you're craving steak-frites and can't get to Paris, clever French foodies call in on Chez Gerard. With a new, long-awaited location on Rupert Street - the first new Chez Gerard in London's West End in ten years - the restaurant chain brings all the things it does well to an easy Piccadilly location. The justifiably popular a la carte menu is packed with Parisian bistro favourites, including garlicky snails, fines de Claire oysters with shallot vinegar and silky foie gras. But the main attraction is the grill, which houses tender cuts of steak, cooked to your liking. Our favourite is the pave de rumpsteak, served with a classic Bearnaise. Luxurious seafood and vegetarian options are worth a look as well.
Sample a la carte
- Traditional French onion soup with Gruyère cheese croûtons £4.95
- Coarse pork and chicken liver pâté with green peppercorns and brandy, served with toasted Poilâne bread and pickled gherkins £5.50
- Our own cured salmon with dill, beetroot and cucumber salad £5.95
- Grilled goat's cheese, grapes, glazed red onions and mixed leaves £5.95
Other starters are available.
- Rump steak, rich and rewarding, a French bistro classic £14.75
- Rump steak, lamb cutlet, corn fed chicken and Toulouse sausage £15.25
- Seasoned raw fillet steak with a free range egg yolk £15.95
- Prime sirloin £17.95
- Prime rib-eye steak on the bone £18.95
- Grilled corn fed chicken with Provencal herbs and chicken jus £10.95
Other mains are available.
36 - 40 Rupert Street, W1D 6DW
£25 - £34
Mon - Sat 11am - 11:30pm
Sun 11am - 10:30pm