About Ortega restaurant in London we can only say this: skip the flight to Spain and cab over to Smithfield instead where this brilliant cantina-style tapas bar is waiting. With all the warm colours of the Iberian sunshine and the sleek modern design of Spanish style, Ortega is the perfect spot to while away the hours, relaxing and sharing platters of tapas, Spanish beers, sangrias and Latin wines while waves of salsa and flamenco wash over you. Signature dishes must surely be the favourite chicken skewers, garlic prawns and garlic bread, though you might tuck into a paella or linger over a crema catalana. Brilliantly laid-back atmosphere.
Sample a la carte
- Pollo al ajillo (chicken in a cream, garlic and white wine sauce) £3.95
- Pinchitos (Moorish spicy pork skewers with
red pepper and onion) £3.95
- Chanquetes (deep fried whitebait with aioli) £3.65
- Tortilla Española (traditional deep Spanish omelette with potatoes, egg and onions) £2.95
Other starters are available.
- Ensalada de pollo (chargrilled chicken breast with salad of rocket, tomato,red peppers, onions and olives. Served with garlic bread) £7.95
- Pescado (sizzling fish skewer of salmon,
cod, scallop and hake with peppers & onion)£11.95
- Apilado de la berenjena (layers of aubergine, tomato, peppers and Manchego cheese, oven baked and served with garbanzos con espinacas, broad beans and sugar snap peas) £8.95
- Vegetariana paella (pimientos de Padron, red and yellow peppers and field mushrooms) £7.95
- 12oz Ribeye (South American steak with aioli and chunky paprika chips) £13.50
- Pollo y chorizo (Chicken breast wrapped with Serrano ham smothered in a chorizo
cream sauce, served with herb potatoes, broad beans and sugar snap peas) £9.95
Other main courses are available.
- Crema catalana (traditional light custard dessert with a crispy caramel top) £4.50
- Tarta de chocolate (rich layers of milk, dark and whitechocolate mousse on a crispy
biscuit base) £4.50
- Tarta de queso (baked cheesecake with
red fruit coulis) £4.50
- Copa de helado (vanilla and chocolate ice cream sundae with fudge pieces, banana and caramel sauce) £4.50
Other desserts are available.
55 Charterhouse Street, EC1M 6HA
£24 and under
Mon - Fri 12pm - 11pm
Sat 5pm - 2am
Sun 5pm - 12am