Bengal Balti House
About Bengal Balti House
Bengal Balti House restaurant in Tufnell Park was North London's first ever balti style restaurant and is still going strong. Located by a busy crossroads, Bengal Balti House manages to be quiet and friendly - a nice spot for a date or meal with friends. The décor was tastefully modernized a few years ago, but the quality of the kitchen has never varied. Signature dishes include baltis, of course, and the excellent tandooris, though chefs are happy to prepare what you fancy even if it's not listed on the menu. The welcome is warm and - we love weekends - everything at Bengal Balti House is half-price on Sundays.
Sample a la carte
- Mixed starters £4.80
- Aloo chat £2.40
- Vegetable pakora £2.70
- Tandoori lamb chops £2.80
Other starters are available.
- Chicken green masala £6.10
- Balti lamb pasanda £6.90
- Chicken cashew nuts (special grilled chiken with crushed cashew nuts in a mild sauce) £6.20
- Vegetable vindaloo £3.95
- King prawn honey garden (specially diced and marinated in fresh honey) £6.50
- Bengal special (chicken, prawn and lamb cooked together in a thick spicy gravy) £8.00
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
6 Brecknock Road, Tufnell Park, N7 0DD
£35 - £44
Mon - Sat 4pm - 12am
Sun 12pm - 12am