Biazo is a bistro-style restaurant in Hale Lane, Edgeware, serving traditional African fare in modern, stylish surrounds. The décor is chic and cosmopolitan with minimalist wooden floors, mocha walls and dark wooden tables accented with bamboo shoots and authentic African artefacts. Biazo is always bustling with couples, young families and business types, and the staff are super-attentive and friendly. We love the jollof rice - rice blended with peppers, tomatoes and spices, spinach stew with pounded yams - which have a thicker consistency than traditional mash, and suya - barbecued meat with African herbs and spices.
Sample a la carte
- Peppered snail on a bed of lettuce (tastefully seasoned snails marinated in onions, peppers and tomatoes, fried and served on a bed of fresh lettuce) £7.95
- Grilled and garnished king prawns (well seasoned and grilled prawns garnished with vegetables)
- Nkwobi (cow foot cooked in spicy African herbs) £5.95
- Spicy chicken wings £5.00
Other starters are available.
- Ewa aganyi (mushy beans with Palm oil stew) £7.50
- Biazo special meat ball sauce £4.95
- Stewed goat £4.95
- Jerk chicken£5.95
- Ikokore (water yam pottage, cubed water yam cooked in pepper, tomatoes and onion stew with crayfish and traditional spices) £9.95
- Flame grilled tilapia £6.95
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
307 Hale Lane, HA8 7AX
£24 and under
Tue - Fri 12pm - 11pm
Sat 1pm - 11pm
Sun 1pm - 9pm