About Walmer Castle
Close to the chic boutiques and vintage markets in Notting Hill, The Walmer Castle is a divine little local pub on Ledbury Road that boasts a busy Thai restaurant. This vibrant gem - with a buzzing crowd, fairy lights and designer wallpaper - attracts fashionistas, creative types and local trustafarians. The menu is a delicious fusion of Thai, Indian and Indonesian flavours - our favourite dishes being the crispy aromatic duck pancakes with plum sauce, sirloin 'Weeping Tiger' steak chargrilled and served in sizzling rice wine, and chicken minced with Thai pickled turnip, chilli and garlic wrapped in iceburg lettuce. The Walmer Castle offers an excellent wine-matching service, and is the perfect place for a fun and relaxed night out with friends.
Sample a la carte
- Crispy aromatic duck (shredded duck with cucumber, spring onions, steamed pancakes and plum sauce) £10.95
- Tem pura pak (selection of vegetables deep-fried in a light tempura batter with a sweet chilli dip) £4.95
- See krong mo tod (marinated pork spare ribs, cooked in bbq sauce) £5.15
- Satay gai (marinated skewers of chicken, chargrilled and served with a spicy peanut sauce) £5.15
Other starters are available.
- Belacan sambal gai (chicken stir-fried in a traditional Malaysian sweet and sour sauce of chilli, shallots, tomatoes and shrimp paste) £7.45
- Phed ob namphung (slices of roast duck breast, served on a bed of Chinese greens topped with a honey and soy sauce) £8.95
- Neau nam man hoi (stir-fried tender slices of beef with garlic, onions and mixed vegetables, in an oyster sauce) £8.95
- Kratiam prigtai moo (pork stir-fried with garlic, pepper, onion and coriander, served on a bed of lettuce) £7.85
- Goong mao (drunken prawns, large freshwater prawns cooked in a ginger wine sauce) £10.50
- Kaeng kiew wan pak ruam (green curry with seasonal vegetables, Thai and pea aubergines,basil, bamboo shoots and lime leaves) £5.95
Other main courses are available.
- Apple crunch served with toffee sauce £4.10
- Chocolate cornet pavlova £4.50
- Klouy tod (banana fritters served with vanilla ice cream) £4.75
- Lotee sai mapraw (Pandan flavoured pancakes filled with a mixture of coconut and palm sugar, served with vanilla ice cream and maple syrup) £4.50
Other desserts are available.
58 Ledbury Road, W11 2AJ
£35 - £34
Mon - Fri 6pm - 10:30pm
Sat & Sun 12pm - 10:30pm