The Norbiton and Dragon
About The Norbiton and Dragon
The Norbiton and Dragon, in Kingston-upon-Thames, combines the cosiness of a traditional English pub with the stylish surrounds and evocative flavours of an authentic Thai restaurant. The bar - with its shuttered windows, Oriental wooden stools and leather sofas - is perfect for a pre/post dinner cocktail, and the intimate dining room is inviting and relaxed. The menu at Norbiton and Dragon is a fusion of Thai and Chinese influences, favourite dishes include the delicious green chicken Thai curry, pork stir-fried with fresh chillies and Thai basil, and roasted duck breast with tamarind sauce. The restaurant also offers a fantastic wine-matching service, and a selection of chef-selected 'feast' menus.
Sample a la carte
- Crispy aromatic duck (shredded duck with cucumber, spring onions, steamed pancakes and plum sauce) £10.95
- Tem pura pak (selection of vegetables deep-fried in a light tempura batter with a sweet chilli dip) £4.95
- See krong mo tod (marinated pork spare ribs, cooked in bbq sauce) £5.15
- Satay gai (marinated skewers of chicken, chargrilled and served with a spicy peanut sauce) £5.15
Other starters are available.
- Belacan sambal gai (chicken stir-fried in a traditional Malaysian sweet and sour sauce of chilli, shallots, tomatoes and shrimp paste) £7.45
- Phed ob namphung (slices of roast duck breast, served on a bed of Chinese greens topped with a honey and soy sauce) £8.95
- Neau nam man hoi (stir-fried tender slices of beef with garlic, onions and mixed vegetables, in an oyster sauce) £8.95
- Kratiam prigtai moo (pork stir-fried with garlic, pepper, onion and coriander, served on a bed of lettuce) £7.85
- Goong mao (drunken prawns, large freshwater prawns cooked in a ginger wine sauce) £10.50
- Kaeng kiew wan pak ruam (green curry with seasonal vegetables, Thai and pea aubergines,basil, bamboo shoots and lime leaves) £5.95
Other main courses are available.
- Apple crunch served with toffee sauce £4.10
- Chocolate cornet pavlova £4.50
- Klouy tod (banana fritters served with vanilla ice cream) £4.75
- Lotee sai mapraw (Pandan flavoured pancakes filled with a mixture of coconut and palm sugar, served with vanilla ice cream and maple syrup) £4.50
Other desserts are available.
16 Clifton Road, KT2 6PW
£24 and Under
Mon - Sat 12pm - 2:30pm & 6pm - 10:30pm
Sun 12pm - 2:30pm & 6pm - 10pm