About Feng Wei
Handily located just off the biggest shopping street in the country, it's rare to find a family-owned restaurant like this in somewhere so central. Feng Wei, just off Oxford Street, offers hearty Chinese cooking from all four main regional cuisines - it isn't a consequence that the name could be translated as 'The Four Corners' - expertly overseen by experienced, specialist head chef David Peng. Set menus offer bargains at lunchtimes, adding to its reputation as one of London's best kept secret restaurants when it comes to Chinese food - a reputation which has a loyal following to go along with it. Jumping on this bandwagon shan't be frowned upon however, least of all by the friendly staff in this restaurant, draped in artful Chinese décor.
Sample a la carte
- Sesame prawn on toast £5.50
- Crispy seaweed £4.50
- Spare ribs Shanghai style £5.90
- Grilled pork dumpling Peking style £3.90
Other starters are available.
- Kung po prawns £6.90
- Chicken with black bean and chilli sauce £5.90
- Diced fillet steak with black pepper and lemongrass £6.90
- Roast duck Cantonese style £6.90
- Lotus leaf rice £6.00
- Vegetarian ma-po tofu £5.50
Other mains are available.
19 New Cavendish Street, W1G 9TZ
£25 - £34
Mon - Sat 12pm - 11:30pm
Sun 12pm - 11pm
Bank holidays 5pm - 11pm