Chez Gerard - Watling Street
About Chez Gerard - Watling Street
The convenient City location isn't the only thing about this Chez Gerard branch that's 'prime'. Continuing in the grand tradition of serving the best steak frites this side of Paris, Chez Gerard on Watling Street offers a parade of the finest prime pasture reared beef, including onglet, rib eye, fillet, rump and even a beef burger decadently topped with pan fried foie gras. Those who don't sizzle at the thought of steak are also well catered for with a well-heeled list of French bistro classics, including classic Nicoise salad, rich offerings from the sea, and a good range of vegetarian dishes. Wines continue the French theme, with very few reaching above the £30 mark.
Sample a la carte
- Traditional French onion soup with Gruyère cheese croûtons £4.95
- Coarse pork and chicken liver pâté with green peppercorns and brandy, served with toasted Poilâne bread and pickled gherkins £5.50
- Our own cured salmon with dill, beetroot and cucumber salad £5.95
- Grilled goat's cheese, grapes, glazed red onions and mixed leaves £5.95
Other starters are available.
- Rump steak, rich and rewarding, a French bistro classic £14.75
- Rump steak, lamb cutlet, corn fed chicken and Toulouse sausage £15.25
- Seasoned raw fillet steak with a free range egg yolk £15.95
- Prime sirloin £17.95
- Prime rib-eye steak on the bone £18.95
- Grilled corn fed chicken with Provencal herbs and chicken jus £10.95
Other mains are available.
A selection of desserts is available.
1 Watling Street, EC4M 9BP
£25 - £34
Mon - Fri 8am - 10:30am & 11:45am - 5pm
5:45pm - 10pm
Sat & Sun closed