Northbank Restaurant & Bar
About Northbank Restaurant & Bar
Tucked under the Millennium Bridge, Northbank Restaurant and Bar is a quintessentially English experience. As the Thames and a never-ending parade of tourists roll by outside, Northbank's slick-yet-relaxed surrounds provide perfect views of the Tate Modern and Millennium Bridge while offering a cleverly modern taken on English cuisine. Head Chef Peter Wood (formerly of Tante Claire and The Belvedere) shows his West Country roots by sourcing his fresh ingredients directly from the farmers, as well as even catching some of the fish himself at the weekend in Newhaven. Favourites include fresh Dartmouth crab and clotted cream tart, grilled Brixham Dover sole and Falmouth lobster spaghetti. Northbank's unbelievably extensive wine list is a delight to explore, with many available by the glass or carafe.
Sample a la carte
- Hogs pudding with honey roasted apples £6.50
- Falmouth crab and clotted cream tart £8.50
- West country game and foie gras terrine with piccalilli £6.50
- Steamed mussels with cider and bacon £7.00
Other starters are available.
- Lobster spaghetti £17.50
- Braised shoulder of English lamb with white beans and parsley £16.50
- Char-grilled rib eye steak with chips and roasted tomatoes £17.00
- Spiced Gloucester Old Spot pork belly with razor clams and smoked sausage £15.50
- Warm crispy guinea fowl and fresh fig salad £14.50
- Baked autumn vegetable pie with honey roasted parsnips £13.50
Other mains and sides are available.
- Apple and blackberry crumble with custard £5.00
- Walnut shortbread with poached figs and red wine £5.00
- Warm chocolate fondant with honeycomb and peanut ice cream £5.00
- Treacle tart with clotted cream £5.00
Other desserts are available.
Millennium Bridge, 1 Paul’s Walk, EC4V 3QH
£25 - £34
Mon - Sat 12pm - 3pm & 6pm - 10:30pm
Sun 12pm - 5pm