About Raj Mahal
Raj Mahal restaurant in London's Islington has been a local favourite for decades, serving divine Indian/Bangladeshi cuisine to discerning palates. That said, it is a very relaxed shopfront eaterie on a windswept side street that rewards a bit of searching. The cheery décor and warm welcome are constants, and the signature dishes of tandoori mixed masala and lamb pasanda will have you making a date to return before you've finished your second glass of wine. Once upon a time, when there was a dance studio next door, Billie Piper used to pop in after rehearsal. Loyal fans have been coming for years. Raj Mahal is that kind of place.
Sample a la carte
- Chicken or lamb tikka (diced chicken or lamb marinated in spices, skewered and barbecued in charcoal tandoor)£2.90
- Shami kebab(minced lamb kebab in spices, deep fried) £2.90
- King prawn butterfly (delicately spiced king prawns deep fried) £4.50
- Mix starter (chicken tikka, sheek kebab, onion bhajee & vegetable samosa served with salad) £5.25
Other starters are available.
- Mixed vegetable biryani £6.25
- Lamb pasanda (lamb cooked in a creamy sauce with almonds & nuts) £6.95
- Chicken tikka jalfaizi (chicken marinated in special spices and barbecued in clay oven and cooked with capsicum, fresh green chilies, onions and garlic) £6.95
- Tandoori mix masslam (marinated chicken, lamb & king prawns cooked in medium dry sauce with herbs & spices) £12.85
- Tandoori king prawn massala (marinated king prawns cooked in a rich creamy mild sauce) £9.85
- Chicken saag balti (chicken & spinach £8.50
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
3 Penton Street, N1 9PT
£24 and under
Mon - Sun: 5:30pm - 12am