About Mezza Express
Mezza Express restaurant in London's Camden is another hit from the owners of La Cigale next door. Though one notch more smart than casual, Mezza Express retains the stylish décor, lively service and attention to detail of its sister restaurant. With taupe walls, leather seating and tables the colour of Turkish coffee, wooden floor, recessed lighting and skylight and a painting of a cedar of Lebanon, the dining room is smart enough for a date, comfortable enough to make this your local haunt. The menu covers the highlights of Lebanese cuisine, including hot and cold mezze - enough for a sharing meal -- meat, fish and chicken mains.
Sample a la carte
- Sawda djej (marinated chicken livers flambeed in lemon and garlic)
- Sfeeha (small lebanese pizza, seasoned minced lamb, tomato, onions and pine kernels)
- Batinjan el rahib (grilled aubergines with lemon and garlic)
- Batrakh (boutargue fish roe with garlic and olive oil)
Other starters are available.
- Mixed fish (mixed fish (salmon & cod) baked served with saffron rice)
- Ferri (whole quail grilled and seasoned with coriander)
- Kafta khashkhash (minced lamb with spicy tomato sauce, charcoal grilled)
- Mixed chawarma (slices of marinated lamb and chicken roasted on a skewer)
- Musakaat batenjan with rice (baked seasoned aubergine cooked with tomato and chick peas, served with rice)
- Farrouj meshw (boneless marinated chicken, charcoal grilled)
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
47 Parkway, Camden Town, NW1 7PN
£24 and under
Mon - Sun 12pm - 11pm