In London's City district, moments from the Old Bailey and just a short stroll from St Paul's Cathedral, Terranostra is a sophisticated and chic Italian restaurant, totally different from the usual theme-ish trattoria. Huge floor to ceiling glass windows lead to a bright, airy dining room where sleek earth tones, from warm wood furniture to simple cream walls create a relaxed atmosphere. Street side dining is also available for those sunny days when people watching is the order of the day. The menu of Italian classics and Sardinian specialities is a million miles from a packet lasagne, using gorgeously fresh ingredients and unique ideas found nowhere else in the capital.
Sample a la carte
- Talleri di carne (a wooden platter of meats and cheeses including Parma ham, sardinian salami and two varieties of pecorino cheese) £15.95 (for 2 people)
- Carpaccio di manzo (thinly sliced raw beef served with rocket, shavings of parmesan and truffle oil) £8.50
- Calamari ripieni (grilled baby squid filled with a mixture of calamari meat aromatic herbs and baby tomato) £7.90
- Mozzarella di bufala con caponatina (buffalo mozzarella accompanied with a mixture of marinated vegetables and pine kernels) £7.90
Carpaccio di spada (thinly sliced smoked swordfish served with rocket and lemon dressing) £8.50
Other starters are available.
- Lorighitas con capesante e pesto(traditional Sardinian ring shaped pasta with scallops, aubergine and pesto)
- Ravioli di burrata (pasta parcels filled with buffalo mozzarella and potatoes served with a fresh tomato sauce) £8.50
- Fregola con zucchine e gamberi (risotto-like Sardinian pasta with courgettes, prawns and mussel stock) £8.50
- Salsiccia sarda (homemade charcoal grilled aromatic sausage served with broccoli and sautée potatoes)£11.90
- Filetto di manzo (grilled fillet steak served with carrots, spinach and sauté potatoes) £15.90
- Battuta di agnello (marinated and grilled lamb steak served with sauté potatoes and broccoli) £13.90
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
27 Old Bailey, EC4M 7HS
£35 - £44
Mon - Fri 12pm - 3pm & 6pm - 10pm
Sat 6pm - 10pm