Da Vinci once said that simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - a spot on observation when it comes to Simplicity restaurant in London's Rotherhithe. Small, bright and friendly, this honestly-priced local favourite offers uncomplicated British and European classics, freshly sourced every day. Dive into specials like a grilled pork chop studded with garlic and rosemary, mashed potatoes, buttered cabbage and gravy or homemade salmon fishcakes served with mixed salad and hollandaise sauce. Daily dessert specials are also worth saving room for. Wine lovers are particularly well-cared for at Simplicity, as the restaurant comes complete with a wine shop to take home your favourites from the meal.
Sample a la carte
- Homemade cream of vegetable soup with garlic sippets
- Toasted goats cheese salad with homemade onion marmalade
- Cold roast beef salad with rocket, shallots and parmesan shavings with horseradish dressing
Other starters and daily specials are available.
- Globe artichoke stuffed with provencale vegetables and mozzarella, in a trellis of puff pastry with tomato and garlic sauce and roasted new potatoes
- Homemade salmon fishcakes served with
mixed salad and hollandaise sauce
- Roasted chicken supreme stuffed with pesto
and mozzarella, wrapped in Serrano ham
Other mains and daily specials are available.
- Lemon tart
- Ice cream tulip, fresh fruit and raspberry coulis
- Warmed chocolate mud cake
Other daily special desserts are available.
1 Tunnel Road, Rotherhithe, SE16 4JJ
2 courses £17
3 courses £19.50
£24 and under
Mon - Fri 6:30pm - 10:30pm
Sat - Sun 10am - 10:30pm