Located in the Victoria Road, South Ruislip, Rara is an elegant restaurant acclaimed for its innovate modern Nepalese and north Indian cuisine. The team at Rara follow a philosophy of using fresh, high-quality ingredients and lashings of inventive flair. Named after the largest lake in the Himalayan Mountains, the restaurant has a serene ambience. Each dish boasts delicate, home-style flavours and the chefs are skilled at blending spices perfectly for each creation. The menu is superb, and we love the Crab Kofta Curry with crab meat, potatoes and dry fruits; Mint Chicken Tikka - chicken marinated with yoghurt and mint grilled in a clay oven and finished with lemon juice; and the delicious Nepalese Momos - dumplings served with chutneys.
Sample a la carte
- Black pepper chicken tikka (diced chicken breast marinated in an enriched crushed black pepper and yoghurt infusion) £3.20
- Lamb chops (tender baby lamb chops marinated in light yoghurt with ginger and garlic infusion) £ 3.95
- Kesari jhinga (king prawns delicately prepared in yoghurt and saffron then grilled in a clay oven) £ 4.95
- Tandoori phool (fresh cauliflower and broccoli coated with yoghurt and other light spices, cooked in a clay oven, finished with light butter) £3.50
Other starters are available.
- Nepalese momos (spiced minced chicken dumplings served with chutneys) £6.95
- Chicken or lamb bhutuwa (tender pieces of lamb or breast chicken pieces cooked with tomato and green herbs in slow fire) £6.95
- Chilli chicken (shallow fried chicken with fresh green chillies and other traditional Nepalese spices) £6.95
- Adarki gosht (pieces of lamb cooked in a reduced tomato, ginger and onion sauce) £7.95
- Sea bass (marinated whole fresh sea bass grilled in the tandoor finished with lemon juice) £10.95
- Mixed veg korma (mixed vegetables cooked in a mild korma sauce) £4.95
Other main courses are available.
- Gulab jamun (soft home made cheese and reduced milk dumpling in honey syrup) £2.50
- Ras malai (soft poached homemade cheese dumplings in light milk syrup) £2.50
- Chocolate mousse (a fine mixture of dark chocolate, cocoa powder and milk
Served with cream and strawberries) £3.50
- Mango boat (mango, strawberry and coconut ice cream with meringue, decorated with raspberry, kiwi and lychee) £3.50
Other desserts are available.
528 - 530 Victoria Road, HA4 0HB
£24 and Under
Mon - Sat 12pm - 3pm & 5:30pm - 11pm
Sun 12pm - 10pm