Panna’s restaurant, located upstairs at the City Pavillion in Romford, Essex, is a warm and family-friendly award winning venue headed up by acclaimed Head Chef Mojahid Ali. With a light and airy dining room decorated with a mix of traditional and contemporary design, the vast restaurant has a friendly, inviting ambience. With crisp white linens and red, brown and white leather chairs, Panna’s is popular with families and couples. Offering a variety of exotic dishes from India and sub-continent China, the menu boasts classics such as the Lamb Pasanda - boneless cubes of lamb cooked in a rich cashew nut sauce with saffron and cardamon; and the Garlic Grilled Prawns with lemon juice, carom seeds, yoghurt and spices.
Sample a la carte
- Crispy mixed bhajiyas (a selection of delicious fritters made from onion, fresh fenugreek and potatoes served with a mint/yoghurt dip and tamarind sauce) £4.25
- Zaitooni kebab lamb mince patties with whole bengal gram daal, red chillies, whole spices filled with olives, onion and fresh coriander served with a mint sauce, £4.95
- Malai kebab boneless pieces of white marinated chicken breast grilled to perfection in a clay oven, £4.25
- Fish peri peri (pan fried fish fillets coated with red chillies, garlic,
ginger, wine vinegar and a blend of spices) £4.95
Other starters are available.
- Baigan bhartha (smoked aubergines mashed and sautéed with scallions, garlic, ginger, onions amd cumin seeds) £5.25
- Chicken chettinad (hot and spicy tender chicken cooked with freshly ground black pepper, chopped onions, tomatoes and chefs own blend of freshly ground spices) £6.50
- Kadai gosht (fresh cubes of lamb cooked with whole spices, herbs, tomato and garlic; topped with juliennes of fresh ginger and garnished with fresh coriander) £6.95
- Kadai chilli prawns (prawns sautéed with tomato, chilli,peppers, coriander seed and spices; finished with fresh fenugreek
- Patile wale chole (fresh chickpeas sautéed with a blend of pomegranate
seeds, carom and black pepper and tempered with onion, ginger and spices) £4.50
- Chicken tikka masala (marinated cubes of boneless chicken breast cooked in a clay oven and finished in a light tomato butter fenugreek sauce)£6.50
Other main courses are available.
- Rasmalai (cottage cheese cakes in a saffron-flavoured condensed milk) £4.25
- Gulab jamun (condensed milk balls in rose flavoured sugar syrup) £3.50
- Gajjar halwa (Indian carrot pudding served with ice cream or kulfi) £3.95
- Pista kesar kulfi (traditional Indian ice cream flavoured with pistachio and saffron) £3.95
other desserts are available.
At The City Pavilion, Collier Row Road, RM5 2BH
£24 and Under
Mon - Thurs 5pm - 10:30pm
Sat - Sun 1pm-11pm
Smart / Casual