About The Mercer
With its downtown NYC vibe and impeccable Calvin-Klein-meets-Keith-McNally interior, The Mercer is a bustling restaurant on Threadneedle Street in East London. The sophisticated surrounds have become an instant hit with the neighbourhood’s ubiquitous media and city folk, and is a hip hangout for working lunches and chic cocktails. The assured British fare is flawless; we highly recommend the venison carpaccio served with Armagnac prunes, lemon and parmesan; the Mercer Pie made with rump steak, mushrooms and London Porter ale; and the creamy vanilla rice pudding served with clementines and brandy snaps. The Mercer’s prestigious wine list is superb and offers up to 40 wines by the glass.
Sample a la carte
- Lemon and rosemary cured Scottish salmon served with sour cream, salmon caviar £8.50
- Potted Yorkshire ham hock served with piccalilli, grilled sourdough £8.75
- Warm Colston Basset Stilton tart served with pear chutney £7.75
- Warm salad of black pudding with smoked bacon, poached egg £9.00
- Venison Carpaccio served with Armagnac prunes, lemon, parmesan £10.50
Other starters are available.
- Roast hake with braised oxtail with shallots, watercress and lemon oil £19.50
- Roast leg of English lamb (for two) with duck fat potatoes and minted peas £35.00
- The Mercer Pie (rump steak, mushroom, London Porter ale) £14.75
- Handmade ravioli (aubergine, tomato, goat's cheese, pesto and spinach) £12.50
- Sea bass with braised lentils with fennel and slow baked tomatoes £17.50
- 9 oz. Scottish beef fillet steak (dry aged on the bone for 28 days or more) served with roast tomato, mushroom and bearnaise £26.50
Other main courses are available.
- Sherry trifle with rhubarb andtoasted almonds £6.00
- Sticky toffee pudding with custard £5.50
- Creamy vanilla rice pudding with clementines and a brandy snap £5.75
- Warm Eccles cakes served with clotted cream £5.50
Other desserts are available.
34 Threadneedle Street, EC2R 8AY
Lunch is served 12:00PM - 3:00PM.
Dinner is served 5:30PM - 10:00PM.
A discretionary service charge of 12.5% will be added to your bill.
£35 - £44
Mon - Fri 7:30am - 10am, 12pm - 3pm & 5:30pm - 10pm
Closed Sat & Sun.