Nakhon Thai - Wapping
About Nakhon Thai - Wapping
This chic, authentic Thai restaurant located near Tower Bridge and St Katherine’s dock on Wapping High Street boasts a rich and diverse menu of original Thai dishes. The stylish décor at Nakhon Thai, a fusion of contemporary and traditional themes, culminates in the central Polynesian-themed cocktail bar - ideal for pre/post dinner drinks. The exciting menu from Executive Chef Chatchai Jamjung, combines flavours and techniques from various regions of Thailand and is romantically inspired by "seasons of the Far East". We love the Nakhon Thai Noodles with roast duckling and vegetables, and the char-grilled king scallops served on a bed of red chilli and lime sauce. The wine list is reasonably priced, with 12 wines available by the glass.
Sample a la carte
- Satay gai (marinated chicken breast, chargrilled and served with peanut sauce) £6.60
- Poh Pia Pak (deep fried crispy rice paper roll stuffed wtih vermicelli, shitake mushrooma dn mixed vegetables julienne, served with sweet chilli sauce and homemade plum sauce £5.90
- Hoy jor (deep frid dried bean curd stuffing with minced pork, crab meat, water chestnut and shitake mushroom and served with homemade plum sauce) £6.60
- Grilled pork spare ribs marinated in Thai red wine sauce £6.70
Other starters are available.
- Gai-gapraow (stir fried slice chicken with cashew nuts, water chestnut and topped with fried chilli and coriander leaves) £9.50
- Talay flambe (sizzling hotplate of fried mixed seafood ina piquant herb sauce) £13.50
- Kiew wan gai (diced flesh free range chicken in green curry paste, aubergine and coconut milk aromatic with sweet basil leaves) £10.20
- Pad-Thai-goong (stir fried sen-chan noodles with prawns, bean curd, Chinese chive, sweet radish, bean sprout, egg and tamarind) £6.95
- Laab salmon salad (spicy cubed of raw salmon tartar with fresh thai herbs) £11.50
- Lamb and herbs (stir fried sliced lamb with a spicy coconut sauce with baby aubergine) £9.90
Other main courses are available.
- Thai pancacke (mixed cubed of seasonal fruits stuffed in pancake sheets top with maple syrup and whipping cream) £5.50
- Bitter chocolate sponge (dark chocolate with chocolate chips, with a dark chocolate and orange sauce) £5.80
- Gluay-Thod (deep fried sliced banana with chef special batter served with vanilla ice cream and honey) £5.50
- Khao Niew ma-muang (sliced sweet Thai mangoes on a bed of steamed glutinous
rice with coconut milk, enhanced with pandanus leaves) £5.80
Other desserts are available.
1 Wapping High Street, E1W 1BH
Set menus are also available.
£25 - £34
Mon - Fri 12pm - 3pm & 6pm - 11pm
Sat 12pm - 3pm and 6pm - 11:30pm
Sun 12pm - 10pm