Atma restaurant offers elegant surrounds coupled with exquisite modern Indian cuisine, giving Hampstead-ites a fine dining experience close to home. With leather chairs and sophisticated table settings, the relaxed, candlelit ambience is ideal for dates and indiscretions. The staff, all trained at award-winning restaurants, are friendly and helpful, and the sensational food is beautifully presented. We love the battered baby soft shell crab with sesame and crushed pepper served with a black rice noodle cake; the barbecued venison in a Tandoori marinade of fresh green herbs; and the Chicken Tikka Makhni - tandoori chicken tikka cooked with fenugreek and fresh creamed tomatoes.
Sample a la carte
- Soft shell crab (batter fried baby soft shell crab with sesame and crushed pepper, served with black rice noodle cake) £6.95
- Vegetarian masala dosai (Pyramidal rice pancake stuffed with chicken juliennes or mustard mash, onion and peppers served with coconut chutney) £5.95
- Paneer tikka (fresh cottage cheese flavoured with crushed mustard and curry leaves with bell peppers and red onions glazed golden in tandoor) £6.95
- Chicken tikka (chicken morsels marinated in authentic tandoori marinade, served with home made rice cake-idli and coconut chutney) £8.95
Other starters are available.
- Red deer (barbecued venison in a tandoori marinade of fresh green herbs served with rice noodle cake) £15.95
- Duck masala (oven roasted duck brushed with black pepper & sea salt served with crispy okra and lentil sauce) £14.95
- Sea bass (pan-fried fillet of sea bass marinated in ginger and garlic, served on cumin flavoured potato with onion and coconut sauce) £13.25
- Honey smoked salmon (home-smoked salmon lightly marinated in mustard and honey, served with broccoli mash and cucumber-dill raita) £14.95
- Zaffrani rabbit (fennel, mace and saffron flavoured rabbit cooked over charcoal fire served with baby spinach and soft cottage cheese) £14.50
- Crab ’Kofthas’ (crab meat ’dumplings’ in a pool of whole coriander, fresh coconut, cinnamon served with mushroom and spinach kedgeree) £13.25
Other main courses are available.
- Lychee and almond kulfi £4.50
- Gulab jamun (reduced milk dumplings soaked in Cardamom flavoured sugar syrup, served warm with mango kulfi) £4.90
- Gajar halwa (grated carrot cooked in milk with raisins and nuts, served warm with pistachio kulfi) £4.90
- Fig and ginger ice cream £3.85
Other desserts are available.
106c Finchley Road, Hampstead, NW3 5JJ
£25 - £34
Tues - Sat 12pm - 3pm & 6pm - 11pm
Sun 12pm - 3pm & 6pm - 10:30pm
closed on Mondays