The combination of Silk’s classic courthouse setting and innovative Asian fusion cuisine has resulted in a high-concept dining experience not to be missed. The traditional oak-panelled room at the Kempinski Hotel - formerly the infamous Number One Courtroom where Oscar Wilde, Mick Jagger and John Lennon have stood trial - contrasts with the contemporary, cutting edge cooking and Silk’s zen ambience, but helps creates a unique and cosy vibe. Head Chef Bobby Kapoor - has created a menu inspired by the silk route, blending Italian, Asian and Middle Eastern influences. Signatures dishes include the scallops served in a delicately spiced ginger and coconut froth, and deep fried wing beans served with sweet chilli sauce. Silk is recommended in the Michelin guide 2008
Sample a la carte
- Makewa vallopa(spiced tamarind with sweet basil, glazed purple long aubergine somtam salad)£7.00
- Barabanki tikkie (pan-fried bistek of spring onion, spinach, fenugreek dill mint &
coriander, fig &caramelised ginger, served with fig chutney) £7.00
- Crusted scallop with pink peppercorn (scallops scented with zest, pink peppercorn, crust mustard, artichoke bottoms, kiwi chutney & orange froth) £9.00
- Kai haw bai toey (chicken leg in pandan leaf) £9.00
Other starters are available.
- Aloo mutter aur methi ki goliyan (fenugreek, peas, spinach & potato dumplings, paneer kulcha) £11.95
- Kari patta bade miya (fillet of beef pink in green peppered beef with curry leaf, fresh peppercorn sauce, mild spiced mash) £15.95
- Kung thord krattiam prik Thai (wild tiger prawns stir fried with garlic & fresh green peppercorns, lemon confit vegetables)
- Pla yaang krachai (pan fried sea bream fillet with Thai lesser ginger, garlic, chilly, coconut milk, tomato fondue) £13.75
- Nawabi baigan gosht (new season salt marsh lamb chop, curry leaf and black pepper, mild spiced potato) £18.95
- Tamarind glazed duckling (pravin sharma's signature with blood red orange & tamarind, butternut squash, duck leg confit) £17.95
Other main courses are available.
- Iced isaphan (raspberry sichuan pepper foam, pickled Lychee) £6.95
- White chocolate and `Elsanta' strawberry mousse, rhubarb spaghetti, ginger pate'feullantine £6.95
- Doodh, dahi, aur rabdi (Indian Thai fusion (coconut and yoghurt ice, Silky Tofu rasmalai) £6.95
- Banana tempura (smoked milk chocolate soup, rum baba) £6.95
Other desserts are available.
19 - 21 Great Marlborough Street, W1F 7HL
£35 - £44
Tue - Sat 6pm - 10:30pm
Closed Sun & Mon