About National Cafe
Located on the ground floor of London’s National Gallery in Trafalgar Square, The Located on the ground floor of London’s National Gallery in Trafalgar Square, The National Café is a vibrant brasserie and bar with a sophisticated, cosmopolitan ambience. Designed by internationally renowned architect David Collins, The National Café has its own dedicated entrance on St Martin’s Place, and is open from 8am to 11pm making it a popular place for breakfast, light lunches, afternoon tea and pre-theatre dinners as well as supper. Head Chef Shaun Gilmore has created a classic modern European menu featuring favourites such as the grilled squid with smoked paprika butter; crisp sea bass with white beans; and the cote de boeuf with Bordelaise sauce. Cocktails and bar platters are available throughout the evening, and the bar has 16 wines available by the glass.
Sample a la carte
- Murcia salad with baked lemon & almond £8.50
- Caprese salad: tomato & mozzarella £10.50
- Warm goats cheese, tomato & red onion tart £8.50
- Home cured gravadlax £8.00
Other starters are available.
- Smoked haddock fish cake with poached egg £9.80
- Lemon sole en papillot £14.80
- Crisp sea bass with white beans £14.50
- Chicken paillard with endive and onion £13.50
- Spiced lamb koftas, flatbread & minted yoghurt £10.00
- National café cheese burger £11.00
Other main courses are available.
- Banana split £6.50
- Fruit & nut sundae £6.00
- Knickerbocker glory £6.50
- Red berry sundae £6.00
Other desserts are available.
The East Wing, The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, WC2N 5DN
£25 - £34
Mon - Fri 8am - 11pm
Sat 10am - 11pm
Sun 10am - 6pm