Dhonia Indian Cuisine
About Dhonia Indian Cuisine
Tucked away in Tollington Park, near London’s Finsbury Park tube, Dhonia Indian cuisine is a discreet and modern Indian restaurant serving classic curries and cocktails. The intimate, stylish dining room - with wooden floors, crisp linens and leather chairs - is perfect for casual curries with friends and colleagues. Dhonia, which is an Asian translation of coriander, is popular for its award-winning traditional dishes such as the Tandoori King Prawns; Chicken Moghul - chicken breast stuffed with pomegranate, mint, cheese and onions served in orange and saffron gravy; Chicken Tikka Masala; and the Lamb Biryani baked in delicate herbs and spices. Dhonia boasts a Bedouin-style bar and a reasonably priced wine list offering up to 18 bottles for under £20.
Sample a la carte
- Chicken or aloo chat (slices of chicken or potato, spiced with hot and sour sauce)£2.55
- Shannan til tikka (king prawn marinated in mix of mace cardamom, lemon uice, ginger and garlic than rolled in sesame seeds and bread crumbs and deep fried) £4.20
- Kingprawn butterfly (a whole king prawn delicately spiced with bread crumb, deep fried to crispy taste) 4.25
- Prawn & puri(prawn in tasty sauce on top of the puri bread, which is light and flaky bread) £3.15
Other starters are available.
- Chicken and lamb Shatkora (marinated chicken or lamb grilled, then simmered in a very thick aromatic gravy with shatkora- medium spiced) £7.55
- Chicken or lamb naga masala (a very aromatic and exotic Bangladeshi chilli, a unique dish of smooth and spicy where the smoothness of the buttery coriander and tomato is followed by the spicy hot sensation.) £7.55
- Shabe kaliyan (an exotic preparation of picattoof lamb simmered gently in an aromatic gravy, with cashew nuts, almonds and saffron plus a hint of cardamom, and finished with a garnish of mint leaves. £7.55
- Chicken moghul (breast of chicken stuffed with pomegranate, mint cheese and onions then braised in its juices on dum in a unique orange and saffron gravy. £7.55
- Tandoori butter chicken (off the bone grilled chicken cooked in butter masala sauce and served in cream and herbs) £6.25
- Chicken or lamb tikka jalreze (hot dish prepared with fresh green chillies, capsicum, onion and tomatoes) £6.15
Other main courses are available.
A selection of desserts are available.
148 Tollington Park, N4 3AD
£25 - £34
Sun - Thurs 5:30pm - 11:30pm
Fri & Sat 5:30pm - Midnight