About Battersea Rickshaw
In an excellent position on Battersea Square, just moments from the Thames and Battersea Park, Battersea Rickshaw is an Indian restaurant with a very modern twist. The comfortable canteen style dining room gives this venue a relaxed atmosphere whilst also being smart enough to make it feel a little bit special. Long caramel coloured benches face neat tables and chairs while high stools provide seating for lunch time snackers and pre-bar scoffers and a well stocked bar is perfect for those just popping in for takeout. A menu of mouthwatering modern Indian classics accompany the easy going atmosphere with favourites such as lamb biryani offered alongside the likes of coriander crusted lamb chops.
Sample a la carte
- Rickshaw signature platter (grilled jumbo prawns, char-grilled salmon, chicken tikka and lamb seekh ghilafi on a sizzling platter) (to share) £16.50
- Dahi chutney golgappas (crispy wheat shells filled with chick peas, potato and pomegranate, tamarind and yoghurt sauce) £4.00
- Aloo sagi tikki (mashed potato and tapioca pearls galette with coconut chutney and straw potatoes) £4.00
- Chicken tikka trio (aachari: marinated with pickled spices; green cardamom: marinated with cream cheese and cardamom;
kasturi: marinated with yoghurt, chilli and fenugreek) £5.50
Other starters are available.
- Charcoal grilled sea bass (whole sea bass marinated with coriander, mint and green chilli, grilled in the tandoor, with spinach and baby corn, basmati rice)
- Prawns balchao (plump fresh water prawns stir-fried in a spicy garlic tomato masala and fresh coriander, with mangetout and saffron rice) £16.95
- Chicken bhatti (barbequed half chicken marinated with yoghurt, brown garlic and spices cooked over charcoal, witha green vegetable medley) £14.50
- Coriander crusted lamb chops (tandoor grilled lamb chops served with shitake mushrooms and crushed sauteed potatoes with red chilli oil) £16.95
- Seafood moilee (green lip mussels, squid, prawns, tilapia fillets in a light coconut sauce with curry leaves and mustard seeds) £13.95
- Murgh Nihari (a traditional slow cooked spicy chicken curry, a speciality of Delhi and Lahore) £9.95
Other main courses are available.
- Mango creme brulee £4.95
- Banana tarte tatin £4.95
- Pistachio kulfi £3.95
- Mango kulfi £3.95
Other desserts are available.
15 - 16 Battersea Square, SW11 3RA
£25 - £34
Mon - Sat 5:30pm - 11:30pm
Sun 12pm - 3pm & 5:30pm - 11pm