About Frere Jacques
Surely the most authentic French Brasserie atmosphere in Kingston, Frere Jacques is a staunchly independent, non-chain restaurant that scores high for both quality, thanks to the charisma and experience of executive chef Gerhard Peleschka and his team, and also value, owing to the restaurant's close links to local small businesses. Such ties ensure Frere Jacques' prices will bring as much of a smile to your face as their razor clams, pan fried fois gras or salmon, freshly smoked on the premises. The amiable, predominantly French staff (in order to give you a truly contintental dining experience) will also happily inform your choices from the restaurant's top quality wine list - even in English, we assume, if you ask nicely.
Sample a la carte
- Twelve sizzling hot snails in garlic and parsley butter with petit pain £8.50
- Razor clams roasted in garlic butter and fresh herbs £5.25
- Pan-fried foie gras with blood orange tarte tatin £9.50
Plum tomato tarte fine with black olive tapenade, crumbled roquefort and peppery roquette £5.25
- Vegetable terrine with goat’s cheese and fromage frais £5.75
Other starters are available.
- 200g thick cut fillet steak with bearnaise sauce £21.75
- Pan-fried pheasant supreme wrapped in bacon with portobello mushroom, honey roasted parsnips and rosemary jus £17.25
- French duckling confit served with gratin dauphinois, oyster mushrooms and red wine jus £13.90
- Char-grilled corn-fed chicken supreme served with dauphinois potatoes, celeriac fondant and rosemary jus £13.75
- Slow-braised shank of lamb served with fondant potatoes and root vegetables £15.50
- Char-grilled tuna steak served rare with tomato and coriander salsa,pak choi and roasted sweet potatoes £16.20
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
10 - 12 Riverside Walk, Bishops Hall, KT1 1QN
£25 - £34
Mon - Sun 12pm - 10:30pm