About Q Vardis
Q Vardis, a riverside restaurant and music bar, started its eventful live as a small bistro built in the early eighties and underwent years of redevelopment before ending up as the stylish restaurant and night club it is today. Set amidst luscious greenery on a riverbank, inside the setting is less tranquil but equally enticing, offering both fine dining, a large dance floor for shape throwing until the early hours as well as a VIP Piano lounge and a state of the art sound system. The restaurant at Q Varids is famed for its Sunday roasts, but also offers an expansive range of modern European favourites on its a la carte menu.
Sample Lunch Menu
- Chicken liver parfait with red onion marmalade & toasted foccacia, £3.90
- Prawn & chive crème fraiche timbale served with brown bread & butter, £4.20
- Button mushrooms with a garlic white wine sauce topped with bread crumbs, £3.90
- Chicory, bacon & avocado salad with French dressing, £3.90
Other starters are available.
- Char-grilled 10oz fillet steak with Field mushrooms, grilled tomatoes,fries & montpellier butter (garlic, parsley & chilli butter) £16.90
- Chicken supreme wrapped in parma ham with butter bean & chorizo stew, £9.90
- Butter nut squash, goats cheese & spinach crumble, £8.90
- Pan-fried calves liver & bacon with bubble & squeak & onion jus, £10.90
- Wild mushroom risotto with rocket & parmesan shavings, £8.90
- Lamb shank placed on creamed mash potato & thyme jus, £10.90
Other main courses are available.
- Fresh fruit salad with Greek yoghurt, £4.50
- Chocolate creme brulee, £4.50
- Sticky toffee pudding with toffee sauce and custard, 34.50
- Vanilla cheesecake with a mild berry compote, £4.50
Other desserts are available.
Oldmill Lane, Cowley, UB8 2JH
£24 and under
Wed - Sat 12pm - 2:30pm & 6:30pm - 2am
Closed Sun - Tue