Tart Restaurant & Bar
About Tart Restaurant & Bar
A cool, after work crowd are drawn down the cobbled street and in through the gothic arches to the restaurant at Tart, set in a beautiful old vestry which has been transformed in to a restaurant and bar - complete with the glamorous feel of a smoky Victorian gentlemen's club. Easily locatable - around five minutes from Farringdon station - the restaurant prides itself on its warm welcome, passionate attention to detail and way with red meat (fittingly, as it's so near Smithfield meat market), though the likes of the wood pigeon and slow roasted belly of pork also meet with consistent approval. Tart also boasts a 4am dancing license with full DJ facilities each night of the week.
Sample a la carte
- Seared scallops, pea puree, crispy bacon, mint oil and honey vinaigrette, £7.95
- Pan fried wood pigeon breast, beetroot purée, chocolate and crispy pancetta, £6.95
- Ham hock and free range chicken terrine, pear & sultana relish, toast point & cornichons, £7.95
- Baked parmesan, leek and thyme tart served with red onion jam, £6.95
Other starters are available.
- Roast cod fillet on shaved fennel, blood orange & artichoke salad, almond aioli,
- Scottish beef, ale and mushroom pie with creamy potatoes, £13.95
- Slow roast Cornish shank of lamb with flageolet beans, garlic and rosemary, £14.95
- Char grilled cranborne beef fillet, Roquefort creamed spinach potato gallete and veal jus, £18.95
- Handmade goats cheese, sun blushed tomato and mozzarella ravioli with a tomato and basil dressing, £11.95
- Pan fried breast of chicken on a caramelized onion and wild mushroom tart, with char grilled asparagus, £9.95
A selection of desserts are available.
117 Charterhouse Street, EC1M 6AA
A discretion of 12.5% service charge will be added to your bill.
£25 - £34
Mon - 12pm - 4pm
Tue & Wed 12pm - 11pm
Thu 12pm - Midnight
Sat available for private hire with 4am licence