About Satay House
For over 30 years, Paddington's Satay House has been packing in lovers of Malaysian cuisine from all over the Capital. Made over in 2006 by the designers of Wagamama, this West London stalwart combines cheerful orange feature walls with Hibiscus flower cut outs and cool creams to a sleek and modern effect. Despite the name, the food isn't just about 'meat on sticks' either, though Satay House's satay is likely to be the best in the city. Large portions of fiery sambal and traditional rending curries offer the perfect opportunity to eat 'Hidangan style', or sharing with the rest of your table as in traditional Malay culture. All food served at Satay House is certified Halal.
Sample a la carte
- Sotong goreng tepong (squid coated in batter, accompanied with sweet chilli sauce) £6.20
- Ikan bilis dan kacang (crunchy white bait anchovies and peanuts) £4.20
- Soto ayam (traditional chicken soup with beansprouts, rice cubes and begedil) £4.20
- Vegitarian satay (6 skewers of char-grilled vegetables and tofu marinated in spices and herbs, served with peanut sauce, cucumber, rice cubes and onions) £4.90
Other starers are available.
- Nasi lemak (steamed coconut rice with sambal shrimp, cucumber, peanuts, crunchy white bait anchovies and half boiled egg)£7.80
- Mee goreng (stir-fried egg noodles with shredded beef, egg, vegetables and shrimp) £6.60
- Ayam masak merah (chilli and tomato fried chicken with coconut and vegetables) £6.60
- Sambal ikan siakap (deep fried whole sea bass smothered in spicy sambal chillis) £18.60
- Bendi goreng (stir-fried okra in fresh ground shrimp and chilli paste with coconut) £5.40
- Udang galah masak lemak cilli api (spicy king prawn coconut gravy with pineapple and hot chillies) £10.70
Other main courses are available.
- Ais kacang (sweet red beans, jelly, creamed sweet corn topped with shaved ice, red syrup, palm sugar and evaporated milk) £4.50
- Sago gula melaka (steamed tapioca seed pudding, drenched in palm sugar and coconut milk) £4.40
- Pisang goreng (banana fritters served with vanilla ice cream and maple syrup, or dark chocolate ice cream) £4.40
- Bubur pulut hitam (warm black glutinous rice in coconut and sugar) £4.40
Other desserts are available.
13 Sale Place, Paddington, W2 1PX
£25 - £34
Mon - Sun 12pm - 3pm & 6pm - 11pm