Le Cafe Anglais
About Le Cafe Anglais
A new landmark restaurant, Le Café Anglais, adjacent to the Whiteley's centre in west London. Chef owner Rowley Leigh (nearly 20 years at Kensington Place) has created a large, bustling brasserie with menus that he describes as "both proudly English and yet utterly unashamed of our debt to France." The Observer Magazine called the menu "...a thing of beauty." With views across the rooftops and looking along Queensway to Kensington Gardens, Le Café Anglais has magnificent floor-to-ceiling windows, leather banquettes, satin curtains and linen tablecloths. It is an ideal venue for weekday lunches, weekend family brunches, early evening suppers or post-theatre or cinema dinner (last orders are 11pm). The open kitchen features a giant rôtisserie for chicken, game and legs of lamb or beef, plus the menu offers a long list of hors d'oeuvres, soups, shellfish, egg and pasta dishes, fish, roasts and desserts. In addition to a full à la carte menu, there is a lunchtime set menu at £16.50 for two courses (£19.50 for three), and a featured evening roast (such as Duck à l'orange or Suckling pig).
Sample a la carte
- Six rock oysters £7.50
- Country pate with toast and cornichons £6.50
- Iberico lardo with pan tomato, white asparagus and truffle vinaigrette £13.50
- Egg, gruyère and curly endive salad £6.50
Other starters are available.
- Fried haddock, tartare sauce £13.50
- Squab pigeon with bok choy and star anis £20.00
- Lamb's sweetbreads with bacon and sage butter £12.50
- Roast hake with lentils and salsa verde £16.50
- White asparagus gratiné with parmesan £16.50
- Shoulder and breast of baby lamb with persillade (for 2) £28.00
Other main courses are available.
- Blood orange and almond Cake £6.50
- Coconut, pineapple and rum sundae £7.50
- Coffee and vanilla sundae, chocolate sauce £5.50
- Bitter chocolate soufflé, pistachio ice cream £7.50
Other desserts are available.
8 Porchester Gardens, W2 4DB
£45 - £54
Mon - Fri 12pm - 3pm & 6:30pm - 11:30pm
Sat 12pm - 3:30pm & 6:30pm - 11:30pm
Sun 12pm - 3:30pm & 6:30pm - 10:30pm