About Red Sea
With its relaxed, bistro feel, Camberwell's Red Sea mixes grown up sophistication with family friendly dining. Simply decorated in neutral tones with a glass frontage giving perfect people watching views on to the street Red Sea is generally packed with everyone from stylish young couples to groups of friends enjoying the Eritrean and Italian cuisine. While the Italian menu is comprehensive and delicious it's the traditional Eritrean courses which have got visitors talking. Eaten by hand with injera bread dishes such as alicha beghie and timtimo are a homestyle treat for jaded palettes bored of run of the mill restaurant fare.
Sample a la carte
- Pane, olio e balsamico (sliced French bread served with oil and balsamic vinegar sauce dip) £1.50
- Antipasto di montagna (a variety of fresh ham- Salami, prosciutto crudo e cotto, mortadella) £5.00
- Kategna (grilled ingera for a slightly crispy taste served with butter ghee and chilly powder paste) £2.50
- Insalata di mare (mixed seafood salad) £3.00
Other starters are available.
- Alicha Beghie (seasoned lamb pieces cooked with sliced onions) £7.00
- Kulwa (pan fried cubed beef or lamb pieces cooked with sliced onions) £7.50
- Spaghetti aglio e olio, peperoncino (served with garlic, olive oil and chilly peppers) £4.00
- Cottoletta (chicken fillets fried in breadcrumbs) £5.00
- Rice, chicken or lamb and peas £5.00
- Fussilli zucchini ricotta (served with sliced courgettes and ricotta cheese) £4.00
Other main courses are available.
A selection of desserts is available.
85 Camberwell Road, SE5 0EZ
Elephant and Castle
£24 and Under
Mon - Sun 4pm - 11pm