The Old Ship
About The Old Ship
In the heart of Hackney, The Old Ship is a welcoming blend of old world inn and contemporary design. Designed with comfort in mind, the bar area is filled with deep leather sofas and low slung tables where diners can enjoy a glass of wine or a pint of ale before their meal. The menu offers modern British fare and uses seasonal ingredients to create dishes like Sunday roasts, ham hock terrine, and Yorkshire rhubarb crumble. The winning combination of friendly service, relaxing decor and top quality comfort food make The Old Ship the ideal destination for lazy weekend lunches with family and friends.
Sample spring menu
- Roll mop herrings, potato-mustard-horseradish salad £4.50
- Warm salad of Golden Cross Goat's cheese,
bitter leaves, pears, walnut £5.00
- Wild Boar ham, Denham estate apple juice, watercress £7.50
- Devilled kidneys, toast £5.00
Other starters are available.
- Char grilled venison burger, beef dripping chips, spicy ketchup £8.95
- British saddleback pork chop, champ,
braised cabbage, honey mustard sauce £9.00
- Goat's cheese and spinach pie. Served with onion sauce £8.95
- Cushion of Lamb, fennel marmalade,
wild garlic potatoes, anchovy juices £14.00
- Fish 'n' chips, minted ham hock mushy peas, tartare sauce £8.95
- 8 oz Rump steak, chips, field mushroom, tomato, watercress, peppercorn sauce £14.50
Other main courses are available.
- Yorkshire rubarb cumble, cnnamon ice cream
- Icky sticky toffee pudding, toffee sauce
- Chocolate tray bake, honeycomb ice cream, chocolate sauce £5.00
- Lemon posset, blood orange jelly £4.50
Other desserts are available.
2 Sylvester Path, E8 1EN
Hackney Central (BR)
£25 - £34
Mon - Sun 12pm - 11pm