Moscow-meets-Manhattan is how we’d describe this chi-chi Camden restaurant, famous for its eastern Euro cuisine. Located across the road from the Roundhouse on Chalk Farm Road, Zorya is an exotic and contemporary vodka-bar-come-supper-club attracting Camden locals and Slavic fashionistas for killer cocktails and hearty meals. The food at Zorya is a fusion of Latvian, Russian,Polish and Hungarian flavours, and signature dishes include the homemade three meat goulash made with beef, pork and veal served with dumplings or wild rice, and the hunter’s stew of smoked pork, spare ribs, bacon, smoked sausages, mushrooms and cabbage served with potato pancakes. The bar at Zorya is perfect for chic pre/post dinner drinks.
Sample a la carte
- Beef Stroganoff on a potato cake with beetroot caviar £4.50
- Russian salad with a ham roulade £4.50
- Pierogi potato and cheese dumplings served with sour cream and spring onion
- Duck terrine with horseradish crostini and pickled vegetables £5.00
Other starters are available.
- Devil's steak (8oz fillet of beef served with devil's sauce served on a bed
of parmentier potatoes with wilted spinach)
- Roast duck breast with braised red cabbage and apple, served with paprika roasted potatoes £11.50
- Chicken schnitzel stuffed with sausage meat, plum and cheese, served with leek mash potato and salad garnish £10.00
- Golabki (cabbage leaves stuffed with minced pork and rice, served on a bed of sauerkraut topped with smoked sausage
- Bigos (hunters stew of smoked pork, spare ribs, bacon, smoked sausages, mushrooms and cabbage. Served with potato pancakes)
-Hungarian catfish paprika stew served with turos csusza and crispy pancetta £12.50
Other main courses are available.
- Flambéed Gundel pancakes stuffed with walnut, raisin, rum and chocolate sauce
- Apple strudel with ice cream
- Zorya roulade with cherries, poppy seeds and cream cheese, served with vanilla dressing
- Knedle (potato dumplings stuffed with plums with berries dressing)
Other desserts are available.
48 Chalk Farm Road, Camden, NW1 8AJ
£25 - £34
Mon - Wed 5pm - 12am
Thurs & Fri 12pm - 1am
Sat 12pm - 1am
Sun 12pm - 12am