About Tandoori Knights
No, it's not a typo, the Croydon suburb of Shirley really does have an armoured saviour riding in on a white horse carrying, not a spear or sword but a naan bread. Set among the swathes of unintimidating 1930s semis and well kept front gardens, Tandoori Knights is a taste of India in the South East. Classically decorated in comfortable style and with welcoming service from polite and knowledgeable staff, this is a place at which to relax, enjoy your food - if you can even begin to choose from that extensive menu of Northern Indian specialities - and make the most of being with friends and family.
Sample a la carte
- Prawn puri (piquant sour, sweet prawns served over hot, crispy bread) £3.95
- Channa chapati (spicy chick peas served with buttery chapati) £3.50
- Chicken pakora (fillets of chicken cooked in spicy batter) £3.50
- Aloo puri (mildly spiced Indian potatoes served over hot deep fried bread) £3.50
Other starters are available.
- Chicken tikka (pieces of chicken marinated in yoghurt and and North Indian spices, cooked in the tandoor) £6.95
- Tandoori mixed grill (a variety of chicken, lamb and prawns cooked in the tandoor) £12.95
- Shahi lamb pasanda (thin fillets of lamd cooked with almonds and pistachios in a mild or chillied sauce of your choice) £8.95
- Green subzi handi (aubergine, okra mushrooms cooked in hot green handi sauce) £6.95
- Chicken biriyani (cooked with pulua rice or muglai rice, flavoured with saffron and mild spices, served with a vegetable curry) £8.95
- Burra jinga tandoori (large Mediterranean prawns marinated in fresh herbs and lightly spiced) £10.95
Other main courses are available.
A selection of desserts is available.
576 Wickham Road, Shirley, CR0 8DN
West Wickham (BR)
£24 and Under
Mon - Thur 5pm - 11:30pm
Fri - Sat 5pm - 12am
Sun 12pm - 11pm