About El Cantara
Located in Frith Street, El Cantara is the epicentre of Soho’s Spanish and Moroccan communities. Much-loved for its authentic fare, this is a true neighbourhood restaurant where people meet to share good food, good company and lots of laughter. We love El Cantara for its eclectic crowd, welcoming atmosphere, and traditional menu filled with classic Spanish and Moroccan dishes. Favourites include the Charmoula Sardinas - oven-baked sardines served with a mixed herb crust; the Jawaneh - grilled chicken wings in a fragrant orange and paprika marinade; and the Moroccan lamb tagine. El Cantara has a wine list with bottles from Spain, France and Chile which is annotated with helpful tasting notes.
Sample a la carte
- Briwat spinach & cheese (fillo pastry filled with spinach and feta cheese) £4.95
- Zaalouk (smoked aubergine with mixed spices, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic) £4.95
- Soujouk (pan fried spicy sausages served in a spicy tomato sauce) £5.25
- Jawaneh (grilled chicken wings in a fragrant orange and paprika marinade) £4.95
Other starters are available.
- Meshwi (lamb with a parsley and olive oil marinade) £15.50
- Cous cous (lamb or chicken) £14.95
- Frito mixto andaluz (assortment of five different seafood served on a bed of rice) £18.95
- Pollo basque (chicken served with a sweet pepper, garlic and cream sauce) £15.50
- Rabo de buey (oxtail served with spicy chickpeas and tomatoes and flavoured rice) £15.50
- Albondigas (lamb meatballs with a pea and tomato sauce) £14.95
Other main courses are available.
- Selection of ice cream £3.95
- Fruit platter £7.95
- Baklawa £4.95
- Chocolate fondant £4.95
Other desserts are available.
45 Frith Street, W1D 4SD
£25 - £34
Mon - Sat 12pm - 12:30am
Sun 12pm - 12am
Smart / Casual