The Terrace on the Strand
About The Terrace on the Strand
If all roads lead to London, then they all must also lead to The Terrace on the Strand. Located in Charring Cross - the point to which all road distances have traditionally been measured - this Victorian-styled restaurant not only hosts some of the best views of the area, but also an internationally flavoured menu. Gaze over the Strand and Trafalgar Square while tucking into traditional battered cod with fat chips, mushy peas and tartar sauce, followed by sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce. Don't miss a truly one-of-a-kind English experience with The Strand's traditional afternoon tea.
Sample a la carte
- Assiette of salmon: smoked salmon with Waldorf salad, salmon tartar with aquitaine caviar, salmon fishcake £10.45
- Foie gras and ham terrine, sauternes aspic £9.95
- Smoked cod fish cake, spinach, poached egg £7.95
- Hot smoked duck breast, celeriac gratin, herb salad £8.95
Other starters are available.
- Noisettes of lamb marinated with fine herbs, sweet potatoes gratin £19.95
- Corn fed chicken suprême, Parma ham, asparagus bundle, leek and rosemary compote
- Roasted wild sea bass, baby vegetables stir fry, light soy beurre blanc £26.95
- Traditional battered cod, fat chips, mushy peas, tartar sauce £14.95
- Roasted venison filet, potato fondant, baby vegetables, cranberry jus £26.50
- Vegetable purse with red peppers, olive tapenade, aubergine caviar £13.45
Other main courses are available.
- Mixed berry crème brûlée, raspberry sorbet £6.94
- Layered duo of white lime and dark bitter chocolate mousse, almond nougatine,
coffee sauce £6.94
- Home-made apple crumble, blackcurrant sorbet £6.94
- Sticky toffee pudding, butterscotch sauce £6.94
Other desserts are available.
Guoman Charing Cross Hotel, Charing Cross, WC2N 5HX
£25 - £34
Mon - Sun 12pm - 3pm & 5pm - 10pm
Casual / Elegant