About Origin Asia
Austin-Powers-does-Asia is how we’d describe this stylish and kooky op-art inspired Indian restaurant in the Kew Road, only minutes away from Richmond Station in south London. With graphic orange wallpaper, chandeliers and crisp white linens, Origin Asia restaurant is split over four levels offering endless options for intimate dinner parties, business meetings and celebrations, and the authentic Indian menu is popular for its classic curries. We recommend the Fish Tikka Curry - char grilled fish served in tikka masala sauce with red chillies and mustard seeds; the sea bass stuffed with yoghurt and chillies and baked in the oven; and the Reshmi Seekh chicken kebab flavoured with cheese, ginger and cardamom char-grilled in the tandoor.
Sample a la carte
- Bharwan Khumb (king mushrooms stuffed with mushroom and garlic, cooked with onions and tomatoes) £4.50
- Prawn til tinka (queen prawns coated with vermicelli, spiced with mace and cardamom served with garlic flavored yogurt dip) £5.50
- Chicken chatpata kalimirch (fillet of chicken, with an unusual blend of hot, sweet and sour flavourings) £4.50
- Manns ke sule (chunks of lamb marinated with strong Indian rum are skewered and roasted to perfection, served with mint sauce) £5.95
Other starters are available.
- Reshmi seekh kebab (minced chicken, flavored with cheese, ginger and cardamom put on skewered and char grilled in tandoor) £8.50
- Fish tikka curry (char grilled fish tikka masala curry tempered with curry leaves, whole red chilies and mustard seeds) £12.95
- King prawn tawa (king prawns marinated in yoghurt, ginger, garlic and broiled in a clay oven and mixed with fenugreek flavoured special thick sauce) £13.95
- Lamb shank bhuna (a lamb dish with a difference, cooked in a smooth sauce with crushed peppercorns) £10.50
- Dal makhani (black lentils with fresh tomato and garlic, simmered overnight on charcoal, finished with cream and served with a dollop of butter) £6.50
- Stuffed sea bass (sea bass stuffed with fish mince marinated in yogurt and chillies, cooked in oven) £13.50
Other main courses are available.
A selection of desserts is available.
100 Kew Road, TW9 2PQ
£24 and Under
Mon - Sun 12pm - 2:30pm & 6pm - 11pm