Thai Square - Covent Garden
About Thai Square - Covent Garden
Located on Shaftesbury Avenue in the heart of London’s West End, Thai Square is a stylish and unique venue offering fantastic Thai cuisine and live jazz. The dining room at Thai Square, which is open until midnight during the week and until 2am Fridays and Saturdays, has granite floors, red and white walls and an imposing golden statue of Buddha - giving the restaurant an uptown ambience. Popular for business meetings, Thai Square has a chi-chi Thai menu featuring dishes such as the grilled lobster with garlic butter, the sea bass rolls served with curry, and the Tom Kha Pla soup - a coconut milk based soup with fish and lemongrass. The wine list is impressive, and the service is superb.
Sample a la carte
- "Thai square" selection (chicken satay, marinated and char-grilled served with spicy peanut sauce - minimum two people)
- Poh pia goong (prawn spring roll served with chilli sauce)
- Gai hor bai teoy (chicken pieces marinated with our secret ingredients, individually wrapped in spinach leaves and deep fried served with a sweet chilli sauce)
- Kanom jeeb (Thai dim sum served with a soya vinaigrette dressing)
Other starters are available.
- Gang kiew wan (choice of beef, chicken or prawn green curry uses fresh green chilli and is cooked in coconut milk with pea aubergines, lime leaves and sweet basil leaves - relatively hot)
- Gang dang (choice of beef, chicken or prawn red curry uses dried long red chilli instead of fresh green chilli and is not so hot cooked in coconut milk with bamboo shoots, lime leaves and basil leaves and garnished with shredded red chilli)
- Gang pa (jungle curry - choice of beef, chicken or venison: jungle curry with dried long red chilli cooked in chicken broth with fresh, young green pepper corns, shredded grachai, aubergines, bamboo shoots and long beans)
- Panang curry (choice of beef, chicken or prawn cooked in coconut cream, presented relatively dry and garnished with shredded lime leaves - relatively hot)
- Mussamun curry (choice of beef, chicken or lamb: mild Muslim ragout from the south of Thailand, cooked in rich coconut curry sauce with onions and peanuts)
- Gang phed ped yang (red duck curry cooked in coconut milk with lychees, pineapple and lime leaves)
Other main courses are available.
- A selection of desserts are available.
166 - 170 Shaftesbury Avenue, WC2H 8JB
£25 - £34
Mon - Thurs 12pm - Midnight
Fri & Sat 12pm - 2am
Sun 12pm - Midnight