About Viva Goa
Indian food is Indian food, right? Wrong! Crystal Palace's Viva Goa is proving that food from the Subcontinent isn't just about baltis and basmati by bringing the coastal tastes of Goa to South London. The attractively designed dining room, with stripped wood floors, neutral tones and odd quirky Indian marketplace touches from coloured glass votives to colourful art works, is atmospheric and lively - the sort of place where you'd be happy to dine time and time again. The menu offers a wide range of Indian dishes, however it's those freshly prepared Goan specialities which really impress. You'll be dreaming away to far off shores with every mouthful.
Sample a la carte
- Stir fried Goan musels masala (mussels tossed in a tangy Goan red spice) £2.95
- Khaas seekh kebab (minced lamb flavoured with an array of Indian herbs and spices, skewered and cooked on a charcoal grill)
- Salmon peri peri (sea fresh salmon steaks marinated overnight with Goa red masala and flame grilled) £3.40
- Fofos de peixe (tuna fish and coriander mashed patties shallow fried) £2.80
Other starters are available.
- Tandoori salmon tikka (chunky pieces of salmon loin marinated in fragrant sweet chilli and lemon leaf then freshly baked in our clay oven tandoor) £6.90
- Tikka chooze ka-chicken tikka (boned cubes of chicken steeped in a marinade of royal cumin enriched cream, cheddar and a hint of fresh coriander, glazed in the Tandoor) £5.40
- Caldinho de peixe (fresh cod fish cooked in the traditional Goan way with coconut milk, Kokum (sour fruit) in palm vinegar)
- Vindalho de galinha (chicken cooked in a hot tangy sauce of Goa red chilli, garlic n vinegar) £5.60
- Goan beef chilli fry (sir fried strips of roasted beef cooked in onions, green peppers n lightly spiced with Goan missal)
- Baghaar-e-baingan (eggplant simmered in a tamarind, peanut and coconut gravy) £3.80
Other main courses are available.
A selection of desserts is available.
24 Weston Hill, Crystal Palace, SE19 1RX
Gipsy Hill (BR)
£24 and Under
Mon 6pm - 11pm
Tues - Sun 12pm - 2:30pm & 6pm - 11pm